2023 Winter Student – RADT Testing Student
Job OverviewJob Number: 42573
Job title: 2023 Winter Student – RADT Testing Student
Job description: Canadian Nuclear Laboratories is bringing together the finest minds to form a diverse, vibrant and dynamic workforce culture energized by the innovative capacity of students, new graduates and mid-career professionals, underpinned by senior world renowned experts. We hire numerous students each semester from colleges and universities to support our research and perform other assignments. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work this winter then keep reading, and if you meet the requirements of this role, apply today.
Department: 8288 OSH Health Centre
Number of Positions: 1
Duration: 4 Months
Discipline: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Immunology and other Biological Sciences
Year of study: Completed 1st year or higher
Location: Chalk River, ON
All students applying for student positions at CNL must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate.
Students must submit a resume, cover letter and copy of an up-to-date transcript by the posting close date of 17 August 2022 to ensure consideration for student employment in the first round of interviews.
The employment period generally runs from the beginning of January to the end of August.
The Analytical Chemistry Laboratories (ACL) at the Chalk River Laboratories (CRL) conducts chemical analysis and chemical process development in support of research and development (R&D) at CNL and for the Canadian nuclear industry. The ACL primarily performs inorganic chemical analysis of radioactive samples, but can also perform analysis of contaminated or potentially radioactive samples
This is a very exciting opportunity for a young scientist and we look forward to working with the student hired as they grow their skills in our lab.
- Gather data through interviews and/or field observation
- Conduct experiments and set up experimental facilities
- Lab duties
- Applicants should be Biology, Immunology, or Microbiology majors, or Science Ph.D. candidates.
- Laboratory experience is essential, as is experience conducting scientific experiments.
- Excellent research and presentation skills, knowledge of statistics, and experience with related software such as SPSS and Microsoft Access will also be considered when reviewing applications.
To be eligible for CNL Co Op student employment, you must be:
- Enrolled to return to a post-secondary institution (college or university) in the following semester
- Available to work from January until August 2023.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada in accordance with Canadian Immigration laws
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a security clearance and reliability check
Please submit a resume, cover letter, 2 reference letters and a copy of an up to date transcript by the posting close date of 17 August 2022 to ensure consideration for Winter Co-Op employment at Canadian Nuclear Laboratories, Chalk River, Ontario.
CNL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Company: Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Location: Chalk River, ON
Job date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:30:20 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca