Distribution Associate – Toronto, Canada – Up to $32.55/hour Job
Job OverviewJob Number: 41724
Job title: Distribution Associate – Toronto, Canada – Up to $32.55/hour Job
Job description: Requisition Summary
Join the PACCAR Parts team now and receive a $1,000 sign on bonus!
Begin a rewarding career as a full-time Distribution Associate!
Starting pay rate of $26.22/hour with increases every six months up to $32.55/hour plus an 8% Shift Differential for 2nd & 3rd Shifts.
Help keep the world moving by becoming a Distribution Associate at our world-class distribution center where we distribute Kenworth and Peterbilt truck parts across the globe!
Why Work for PACCAR?
- Competitive salary
- Company paid pension plan
- 401k with a 5% company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family
- Comprehensive paid time off (22 days per year) – Vacation, paid holidays, floating holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities
- Work with a fantastic team recognized as experts in their field!
LOCATION: Mississauga, Ontario
SHIFT: First Shift
Starting Pay Rate: $26.22
Job Functions / Responsibilities
You will be part of a dynamic, essential team dedicated to distributing the truck parts that keep the world moving! Within our state-of-the-art distribution center, Distribution Associates are cross trained thoroughly to become efficient in all areas of distribution including:
- Receiving – You will verify delivery bills and verify product received. You will learn to quickly recognize and address warehouse compliance issues such as overages, shortages, damaged product, packaging issues and incorrect parts.
- Stocking – We will teach you how to assess quantity, size, weight and volume to stock material in appropriate warehouse locations.
- Order Picking – You will process essential customer orders by utilizing our cutting-edge warehouse order picking software.
- Packing – We will train you on our best practices to pack items ensuring our customer’s products safe and undamaged.
- Shipping – You will be trained to prepare shipping documentation, weight, piece count and freight classification of all warehouse product.
- Become a valuable, fully trained Distribution Associate and assist in the training of new employees beginning their PACCAR journey!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attendance
- Commitment to safety
- Willingness to be cross-trained and rotate through all warehouse functions as business needs dictate.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Occasionally lift 70 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Able to withstand heights up to 30 feet.
- Experience operating warehouse power equipment safely.
- Possesses basic problem solving, and basic math and number recognition skills.
Additional Job Board Information
- PACCAR Parts is an eVerify Employer.
- This is a safety sensitive position that may need to operate equipment.
- PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
- PACCAR has success with diverse teams of employees working together to achieve excellent results. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment ensures PACCAR has the talent needed to conduct business today and in the future by leveraging different backgrounds, skills, and viewpoints. We believe diversity in the workplace increases innovation, results in better decisions and increases employee engagement.
PACCAR Parts is the global provider of aftermarket parts and services to support Kenworth, Peterbilt, DAF and TRP dealers around the world. This includes 18 distribution centers globally that support 2,200 dealerships and over 1,000,000 customers. Aftermarket support includes world class customer centers that deliver industry leading uptime in conjunction with our outstanding supply chain that delivers record levels of inventory availability for dealers and customers.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Location: Brampton, ON
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 22:06:20 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca