Distribution Center General Manager
Job OverviewJob Number: 42561
Job title: Distribution Center General Manager
Job description: Company Description
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Distribution Manager will be responsible for contributing to operational excellence by improving systems, processes, and policies in support of the organization’s mission. They will play a significant role in executing production plans that optimize turn time and expedite merchandise through the distribution center in an accurate, cost-effective manner, as well as creating long-term planning, including, but not limited to, initiatives geared towards the development of budgets to increase the effectiveness and efficiency within the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Manages staff to ensure timely and accurate processing and distribution of merchandise to stores, vendors, etc.
- Responsible to ensure quality of work and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the production records and reports
- Establishes area objectives and coaches’ staff to reach their team(s) productivity goals
- Acts as a troubleshooter to assist in resolving day-to-day problems, as well as long-term resolution planning
- Provides staff operational guidance in organizing and prioritizing daily work and staffing needs to meet production goals
- Recommends, interprets, implements, and makes decisions to resolve conflicts according to company and Distribution Center guidelines and philosophies
- Coaches Supervisors on Managing Employee Performance (MEP)
- Conducts regular staff meetings to keep staff abreast of shifts in priorities and to keep communication open and continual
- Manages all administrative tasks and functions associated with responsible department(s).
- Selects, motivates, and trains qualified staff
- Research inefficiencies in problem areas and makes recommendations in methods, procedures, or systems, to improve productivity and quality
- Maintains daily paperwork, such as time and production records
- Interfaces with senior DC leadership on production planning and staffing needs
- Attends daily shift production meeting to report projected volumes & issues to senior DC management
- Responsible for creating an effective team culture which recognizes individual and team performance, while maintaining an issue free environment in a demanding work environment.
- Guides and directs staff in the administration of employee performance evaluations.
- Partners with the Human Resources Department regarding reviews, interviewing, hiring, terminations, and corrective counseling within responsible area.
- Miscellaneous functions and responsibilities
- Maintains safe and clean work areas
- Excellent analytical and math skills required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must take the initiative to excel
- Must possess organizational skills
- Integrity and good work habits required
- Must have a positive attitude as well as service oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills (Bilingual a plus)
- Ability to follow the directives as assigned by VP of Ops.
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism when necessary
- Must have the willingness and desire to learn
- Must be detail oriented
- Must always work safe and professional
- Ability to work as a team member
- CAL OSHA certified on a Reach, Order Picker and/or Turret Truck, Pallet Jack equipment according to department specifications
- Experience using RF on a WMS system required, PKMS specifically preferred
- PC, MS Office experience required
- Good conceptual knowledge of relational database
- Data Entry (Alpha and Numeric min. 8,000+ keystrokes)
- Typing min. 45 WPM
- Ability to keep the department OSHA Compliant
- Ability to contribute hands
- Must have a background report (e.g., Criminal, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Human Resources Department and must be able to pass background/drug screening.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, operating maintenance instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning, as well as attention to detail when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
This is a full-time position with required flexibility in hours and weekends as determined by business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management preferred
- 5-8 years management experience in a distribution environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hand to finger handle, or feel talk and hear. The employee may be required to walk, reach, with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), sit, stoop, bend, kneel, climb mobile ladder stands and perform fine manipulation as needed. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or using the Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from another employee.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Surrey, BC
Job date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 22:56:33 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca