Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer – Dam Engineering
Job OverviewJob Number: 41727
Job title: Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer – Dam Engineering
Job description: Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to support our growing Dam Engineering Practice in our Calgary office. The ideal candidate is passionate and enjoys working on a wide variety of dam and geotechnical projects from pre-feasibility stage through to final design and construction. This position will work with our team of recognized industry experts within Western Canada. On occasion your expertise may be needed by our parent company on some of their challenging international projects.
- Geotechnical Engineer with strong PM skills for projects in Alberta and other provinces
- Evaluating geologic conditions and geotechnical soil characteristics for assessment and design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures and earth structures
- Perform dam inspections for dam safety related work, including annual operation inspections
- Analyzing field data and preparing detailed engineering reports and recommendations
- Performing and reviewing geotechnical analysis (slope stability analyses, seepage analyses, liquefaction assessment, etc.) and designs for embankments with minimal support
- Manages multiple projects/tasks and delivers in a timely manner to meet project deadlines and budgets
- Preparing proposals, budgeting and scheduling of technical field staff
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff members
- Communicating with clients and sub-consultants and internal stakeholders
- Being active in the local geotechnical community to allow identification of potential opportunities and identifying trends and other developments.
- Experience in the investigation of and mitigation design for geohazards will be an advantage
- Minimum of an Undergraduate degree in Geotechnical, Geological or Civil Engineering
- A postgraduate degree would be an advantage
- 7 to 15 years of experience in a geotechnical engineering capacity
- Experience in a consulting engineering environment is required
- Familarity with CDA guidance documents, GISTM, Provincial Regulations and Directioves (such as AB Dam Safety Directive, BC Dam Safety documents, HSRC Code, etc.).
- Experience establishing and maintaining client relationships including business development
- Previous experience in site reconnaissance and investigations to assess site suitability for development of buildings, subdivisions, small dams; slope stability assessments;
- Experience in writing internal and external reports and proposals
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Previous experience leading, mentoring and coaching team members
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), teamwork and mentorship skills are essential
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required. As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of Alberta).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 704 EBA
Company: Tetra Tech
Location: Calgary, AB
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 02:37:49 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca