Job OverviewJob Number: 48462
Job title: Logistics Coordinator
Job description: About the Organization
Do you want the excitement of working in an entrepreneurial environment, with the opportunity to improve and build processes and see the benefits of your efforts?
Unique Appliances has a 50+ year history of engineering and manufacturing industry leading appliances with an extensive line up of both off-grid and mainstream appliances.
While demanding excellence, high performance and creativity, Unique also offers a fun, family-oriented work environment and lifestyle.
We are looking to bring on someone in the role of Logistics Coordinator to join our dynamic team. This is a high-volume, multi-tasking position that requires flexibility, patience, professionalism, and a high degree of accuracy. If you are a self-motivated, organized and dynamic team player who can work in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys helping others to offer exceptional customer service, then we want to hear from you!
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will assist in the logistics operations to ensure smooth flow of the Unique product line by doing the following:
- Coordinating communication between third party logistics (3PL) and internal departments;
- Supporting the sales team by providing quotes for sales orders;
- Handling new freight lane requests by obtaining lane quote, updating rate sheet, and providing to freight audit company;
- Conducting freight invoice audits and approval;
- Coordinating shipping of inventory transfers between 3rd party warehousing;
- Following-up on refused or lost freight.
- Liaising for customs brokerage paperwork submission;
- Resolving any customs issues;
- Data analysis for reporting on key performance indicators (KPI’s) and/or other projects as assigned.
- Creating Return Authorization (RA) forms;
- Following up on open RA status;
- Quoting freight rates and shipping documents to arrange product returns;
- Completing and tracking freight claims for returned products.
- Reviewing shipping documents to ensure price, quantity accuracy and compliance with customs;
- Maintaining records of imports and exports for drawback programs such as:
- Duty Drawback claim submission
- Tariff Drawback Claim Submission
What we are looking for:
- At least 1 year of work experience or post-secondary education in Supply Chain Logistics and customs compliance;
- Prior work experience with a transportation carrier or third party logistics (3PL) would be an asset;
- Advanced computer skills with a particular focus on Excel;
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite or alternate ERP system is an asset;
- Effective multitasking and personal time management skills;
- Ability to coordinate multiple orders/tasks concurrently;
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with diverse personalities;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
This unique blend of hard AND soft skills will be critical to help Unique bridge where we’re coming from with where we’re going. Unique is a small company with inner bigness. We’re that ideal company you read about but can’t find. If this position and our company culture get you excited, and you feel you’ll be an asset to our team, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
Company: HR a la carte
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 06:33:09 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca