Marker II, EDUC-4719: Elementary (K-8) Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment: Physical Education-Health Education (Fall 2022)
Job OverviewJob Number: 48396
Job title: Marker II, EDUC-4719: Elementary (K-8) Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment: Physical Education-Health Education (Fall 2022)
Job description: Description:
Marker – Academic Capacity 2
Department: Faculty of Education
Estimated Range of Hours of Work: 0 – 5 hours
Appointment Dates: October 14, 2022 – November 23, 2022
This position is represented by the Public Service Alliance of Canada – Academic Capacity Unit.
Note to applicants: Please be sure to review the “Additional Requirements” at the bottom of this posting. Your application must clearly outline how you meet the requirements, and include all requested documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grade student work requiring interpretation of assessment criteria vis-à-vis student understanding (projects, reports, essays, etc.);
- Maintain records, assist in the reproduction of tests, organize course materials, etc.
- May assist with proctoring/invigilating tests, exams and quizzes;
- May provide consultation and feedback to students on coursework, quality of materials submitted for grading, and other similar matters;
- Attend training related to the assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Normally a graduate, Honours, or an upper-level undergraduate student at the University of Winnipeg.
- Completion of academic studies and/or a suitable combination of education and experience related to assigned duties.
- Successful completion of required training.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Ability to interact empathetically with a wide variety of students.
- Ability to provide effective and constructive feedback.
- Ability to exercise judgement.
- Ability to meet specified deadlines.
- Capable of performing the duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Marking will be done online. Must have access to a laptop or desktop computer.
*Your application must include your U of W student number and unofficial WebAdvisor transcript. Please add (copy and paste) your transcript into your resume document.*
Past academic performance may be a significant factor in selection decisions.
Note: The work described in this posting will be conducted remotely during this time.
The University of Winnipeg has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all those coming to designated indoor campus spaces to provide proof they are fully vaccinated. The Policy has been suspended effective May 2, 2022. However, prospective employees should know that the Policy may be reinstated in the future based on changing public health circumstances.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff and faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons to confidentially self-identify at time of application.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact Shelby Phillips, HR Assistant at email@example.com.
The personal information of applicants is collected under the authority of the University of Winnipeg Act and 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All personal information collected via the recruitment process is used to assess the applicant’s suitability, eligibility, and qualifications for employment, and to otherwise support recruitment activities. This information will be provided to participating members of the recruitment process. Questions regarding the collection of your personal information may be directed to the Director, HR Services, 515 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2E9 or 204.786.9066.
Company: University of Winnipeg
Expected salary: $14.32 per hour
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 04:55:06 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca