Marker, POL-1011 (Section 001): Introduction to Political Science (Fall/Winter 2022/23)
Job OverviewJob Number: 47780
Job title: Marker, POL-1011 (Section 001): Introduction to Political Science (Fall/Winter 2022/23)
Job description: Description:
Marker – Academic Capacity 1
Department: Political Science
Estimated Range of Hours of Work: 0-220
Appointment Dates: October 01, 2022 – May 10, 2023
This position is represented by the Public Service Alliance of Canada – Academic Capacity Unit.
Note to applicants: Please be sure to review the “Additional Requirements” at the bottom of this posting. Your application must clearly outline how you meet the requirements, and include all requested documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grade student work (assignments, tests, exams, lab results, etc.) using specific guidelines/answer keys provided by the Immediate Supervisor;
- Maintain records, assist in the reproduction of tests, organize course materials, etc.
- May assist with proctoring/invigilating tests, exams and quizzes;
- May provide consultation and feedback to students on coursework, quality of materials submitted for grading, and other similar matters;
- Attend training related to the assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Completion of academic studies and/or relevant experience appropriate to assigned duties.
- Normally an undergraduate student at the University of Winnipeg who has successfully completed a minimum of 30 credit hours.
- Successful completion of required training.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, marking guides, policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet specified deadlines.
- Ability to interact empathetically with students.
- Capable of performing the duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- An unofficial transcript of courses taken at UW and grades received for each course.
- A resume (applicants should include: 1. What program they are enrolled in at UW; 2. If they have marked before, and if so, what courses they have marked for in the past).
- A short cover letter indicating why you want this position.
- Your application may not be considered if you fail to submit all of the required documents above.
- Applicants must have completed this course, with a minimum grade of A-.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the Political Science Major or Honours program, or have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours in Political Science courses, with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 42 credit hours.
*Your application must include your U of W student number and unofficial WebAdvisor transcript. Please add (copy and paste) your transcript into your resume document.*
Past academic performance may be a significant factor in selection decisions.
Note: The work described in this posting will be conducted remotely.
The University of Winnipeg has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all those coming to designated indoor campus spaces to provide proof they are fully vaccinated. The Policy has been suspended effective May 2, 2022. However, prospective employees should know that the Policy may be reinstated in the future based on changing public health circumstances.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff and faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons to confidentially self-identify at time of application.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact Shelby Phillips, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information of applicants is collected under the authority of the University of Winnipeg Act and 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All personal information collected via the recruitment process is used to assess the applicant’s suitability, eligibility, and qualifications for employment, and to otherwise support recruitment activities. This information will be provided to participating members of the recruitment process. Questions regarding the collection of your personal information may be directed to the Director, HR Services, 515 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2E9 or 204.786.9066.
Company: University of Winnipeg
Expected salary: $13.26 per hour
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:48:07 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca