Principal Sanitation Lead CA/NA
Job OverviewJob Number: 41723
Job title: Principal Sanitation Lead CA/NA
Job description: Job Description
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
- Work closely with Plant Sanitation and Quality to develop, implement, and support sanitation, hygienic design, good manufacturing practice and pest control program improvements across the Canadian manufacturing locations. This position provides the opportunity to interact with cross-functional teams to ensure company programs and policies are met.
- This individual should possess project management skills, practical experience in sanitation, quality, food safety, engineering or manufacturing and familiarity with GFSI scheme quality/food safety requirements.
- Success in this role will require teamwork, influencing skills, problem solving, strong technical skills and knowledge, and a drive for results.
How you will contribute
- The Principal Sanitation Lead will work closely with Plant Sanitation and Quality to develop, implement, and support sanitation controls program, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), pest control program and hygienic equipment and infrastructure design at the assigned manufacturing locations. This position is a regular interface with other members of cross-functional teams to ensure company programs and policies are met.
- You will manage the communication of best practices, implementing policies, troubleshooting and problem solving and supporting plant activities on specific projects. There is also a strong link to CI (Continuous Improvement), productivity and efficiency initiatives, as sanitation and quality are integral partners in simplification and improvement programs.
- Another area of focus is related with people capability as this position plays crucial role to support Learning and Development program (People Technical Capability Building) of the individuals working in the plants related with sanitation programs.
- The ideal candidate will possess project management skills, practical experience in sanitation, quality, food safety, engineering or manufacturing and familiarity with GFSI scheme quality/food safety requirements.
- Success in this role will require teamwork (w/ cross functional partners in corporate quality, global food safety, corporate engineering, business development and product R&D), influencing skills, problem solving, strong technical skills and knowledge, and a drive for results.
- The position reports to the Section Manager Sanitation NA within the Global Sanitation Organization.
- Provide leadership and expertise to internal and external manufacturing plants in implementing and ensuring compliance to Mondelez sanitation policies including but not limited to; hygienic equipment and infrastructure design, sanitation controls, GMP, and pest management.
- Lead continuous improvement through sanitation effectiveness, zero tolerance to pest and efficiency across Canadian BU production facilities.
- Support continuous improvement activities relating to sanitation productivity, in conjunction with cross-functional business partners.
- Provide sanitary design expertise through direct involvement with project teams or by providing guidance to plant projects, in coordination with the Global Hygienic Design lead
- Inform, escalate, and provide support as needed for any food safety/quality issues.
- Support productivity projects and troubleshooting across the manufacturing location by understanding and applying IL6S tools.
- Support of MDLZ Global Sanitation strategy across the Canadian Business Unit.
- Partnership and work together with the main sanitation/pest control suppliers in order to improve audit plant scores.
- Support and actively participate in assigned CoP (Community of practices) within a global scale in order to implement the best practices throughout the NA region and Canadian BU.
- 1People development through training, technical skill development, audit readiness assessments, and mentoring of in-plant personnel and corporate peers (QA/R&D/Engineering).
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Technical knowledge and practical experience in hygienic infrastructure and equipment design.
- Self-starter with a strong drive for results, ability to work remote with limited supervision and flexibility to adjust work schedule outside of core hours to support urgent plant and business needs.
- Strong communication skills (presentations and report writing) and ability to influence key business partners
- Ability to troubleshoot by observing, analyzing data, identifying gaps, and implementing corrective actions.
- Knowledge of allergen management including processes to validate/verify effectiveness.
- Experience with GMPs relevant for food manufacturing including zoning and environmental monitoring.
- Excellent Organizational skills including time management and priority setting
- Proven ability to interact clearly and effectively with cross functional business partners to establish targets and maintain timelines to ensure timely and quality execution.
- Sound product safety knowledge (understanding of microbiology) / food technology across product portfolio (biscuit/chocolate/candy).
Education / Certifications:
- Masters or Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related sciences. Experience (5-8 years minimum) to include but not limited to plant operations, equipment design, engineering, or plant quality/sanitation.
50% within Ontario with the potential of US travel
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
We are the second-largest snacking company in Canada and in the top 10 food companies in North America. We make and distribute delicious household favorites including Cadbury, Oreo, Mr. Christie and Maynards. We are an ambitious business—in the past few years alone, we have invested $250 million in our Ontario-based factories. Our community of over 2,600 employees is based across Canada, with our head office on Bloor Street West in Toronto. Canada plays a strategic role for Mondelēz North America and globally. We are proud of our “local-first” commercial focus that enables us to take ownership of our own market and make more, faster decisions closer to our consumers. We are also proud of our top 100 position on Forbes magazine’s 2019 Canada’s Best Employers list.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support.
Product Quality, Safety and Compliance
Company: Mondelēz International
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 05:29:28 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca