Job OverviewJob Number: 48458
Job title: Sales Director
Job description: Description
Our client, a leader in the paint distribution channel industry is looking for a Sales Director to join their operations in Concord, GTA.
JOB PURPOSE: Provide leadership for Industrial & Paint Channel Sales Team by planning, directing, and coordinating operational activities. Through strong leadership, profitably grow revenue by coordinating sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives.
DEPARTMENT: Industrial & Paint Channel Sales
REPORTS TO: Vice President and General Manager
ON ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS: Results will reflect that the associate is a high achiever and results oriented individual, with a strong customer focus. The primary result expected from the Director, Industrial & Pain Channel Sales will be to provide leadership for Industrial & Paint Channel Sales Team by planning, directing, and coordinating operational activities to meet all targets.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
· Direct and coordinate Industrial & Paint Channel financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, increase efficiency and meet all targets.
· Set direction, performance objectives, provide feedback and make key business decisions for Sales Team.
· Plan account strategies with Sales Teams to develop annual plan and objectives.
· Analyze operations to evaluate performance of the team in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction or program improvement.
· Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
· Direct, plan, and implement objectives and activities of team to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
· Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of programs.
· Negotiate and approve contracts and agreements with distributors, agencies, and other organizational entities.
· Review reports submitted by team to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
· Coordinate with other departments (Distribution Centre, Marketing and Customer Service) to ensure sales activity is being addressed efficiently.
· Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
· Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
· Develop deep relationships with Key National Partners.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge and expertise in product and distribution Channels.
· Coordinate Sales initiatives to grow Market Share.
· Manage accruals and plan and manage budgets.
· Defines Sales Plans and Objectives related to Fiscal GTO (Goals, Targets and Objectives).
· Work closely with Marketing on strategic direction and developments.
· Drive Margin and Sales Objectives.
· Create a motivated and team-oriented Sales Culture.
· Minimum 5 years experience in managing a Sales team is required.
· Minimum 12 years selling experience to major customers/outlets is required.
· Require 7 – 10 years of Coatings and Applications experience.
· Experienced in Distribution Channel for both MRO and Paint Channel
· Knowledge of direct buying, multiple location retailer chains would be an asset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Selected candidate will be results oriented and a high performer, who is customer focused, reliable, adaptable and diligent.
· Knowledge of Rust-Oleum products, especially the industrial category, category management, forecasting, marketing programs, policies, and procedures would be beneficial.
· Strong presentation and facilitation skills are required.
· Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent organizational skills This is a permanent full-time position that offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package with an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $95000 – 125000 per year
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 07:23:40 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca