Sr. Data Scientist
Job OverviewJob Number: 41721
Job title: Sr. Data Scientist
Job description: Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
In a competitive telecommunications industry, Revenue Assurance ensures the integrity of revenue streams via processes and controls managed. Revenue Assurance is focused on the reduction of leakage, revenue recoveries and opportunities to save.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Data Science & CloudOps, the successful candidate will be a motivated and energetic contributor with expert knowledge of BI & Reporting environments, Data modeling, Profiling, ETL tools, building dashboards and reports. In parallel the candidate will work closely with finance and business primes to understand and evaluate key business trends and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Development, validation, monitoring and tracking of key revenue streams & other telco business indicators
- Use Python, SQL to work with data
- Design and implement models that provide insights to usage patterns, seasonality and customer behaviour
- Perform statistical analysis/provide insight into unusual trends affecting the business
- Provide ad hoc reporting in a timely manner
- Keep on top of industry trends with revenue assurance and ensure we adopt best practices
- Drive continuous improvements in processes as business changes
What you have:
- Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Analytics required
- Advanced knowledge of SAS Viya, Databricks
- Experience in cloud deployments Azure, AWS, or GCP
- 2+ years’ experience building and customizing detailed analytics
- Strong technical and analytical skills including rating/volume variance analysis as well as leveraging business drivers to better understand results
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) and ability to present to senior management
- Self-starter, highly motivated, detail oriented and relentless in the pursuit of excellence
- Proven ability to build strong relationships while being viewed as a trusted and fair source of analytics and support
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a high-paced / performance driven environment
- Ability to partner with cross-functional operational and finance teams
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 272862
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: * Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Company: Rogers Communications
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:11:32 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca