Sr. Project Coordinator – Infrastructure
Job OverviewJob Number: 2377
Job title: Sr. Project Coordinator – Infrastructure
Company: Graham Construction
Job description: Career Opportunity – Senior Project Coordinator – Infrastructure
Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We rank among Canada’s largest construction companies, are a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses; water and wastewater treatment facilities; transmission lines; general/public transportation including airports, seaports and light rail transit lines (LRTs); and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
About The Role
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for providing oversight to junior staff in the coordinator, scheduling, quantity surveying, reporting, and quality control functions. You will develop best-in-class project management skills working in a large General Contractor.
As a Senior Project Coordinator at Graham you will:
- Work with the Project Manager to establish a cost reporting system for all project components
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly labor, equipment, material and subtrade costs. Monitor cost accruals and reviews with the Project Manager on a regular basis
- Develop a schedule with the assistance of the Project Manager and assists with the development of biweekly schedules. Monitor and update schedules on a regular basis
- Identify critical path and keep abreast of manpower loading and materials deliveries
- Review and monitor actual construction vs. schedule
- Control the drawings, drawing records, revisions, site instructions, and change order
- Maintain all QA/QC documentation, maintains records of all testing and inspections
- Obtain and provide written documentation for all clarifications and instructions, attend all regular meetings
- Ensure that all technical aspects of the work conform to all applicable codes and standards
- Ensure that all work is completed accurately (i.e. survey)
- Assist and monitor payroll functions to ensure proper coding and cost allocation
- Assist with preparing progress invoicing and progress status reports
- Assist with the completion of estimates, estimate reviews and costing
To be Successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience: or Qualifications/Experience:
- Civil, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering degree or diploma.
- 3 – 10 years on-site project coordinator experience in a construction environment.
- Experience in earthworks, underground, shoring, piling, concrete, rebar and structural steel scopes of work.
- Good communication, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate in a Windows environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We’re Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at http://careers.grahambuilds.com/.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 23:29:34 GMT