Student Research Assistant, Education Reboot Plus
Job OverviewJob Number: 42593
Job title: Student Research Assistant, Education Reboot Plus
Job description: Position Details
Position Title Student Research Assistant, Education Reboot Plus
Posting Number 01589SA
Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus
Grade or Pay Level SA – Pay Level II
Salary Range $16.59/hour
Position Type Student Research Assistant
Posting Type Internal/External
Employment Type Part-Time
Posting Category Student Assistants
Start Date 09/06/2022
Day of the Week Other
The position is located at the New Westminster and Coquitlam Campus. Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2022: September 6, 2022 – December 17, 2022
2. Winter 2023: January 4, 2023 – April 25, 2023
3. Summer 2023: May 8, 2023 – August 19, 2023
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
To engage and assist in research for Education Reboot Plus. This unique program is geared to assist youth who are working to graduate and/or transition from high school, with a focus on essential skills and career planning. This research project will evaluate the impact on its participants, including the potential role exposure to a post-secondary environment may have.
- Collect, prepare, and transcribe data including producing written records from audio recordings
- Undertake literature reviews including identifying appropriate resources
- Assist with data review and analysis
- Assist with preparation, publication and dissemination of research data, summaries
- Other research duties, as required
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Preference will be given to students who have taken a research methods course in their area of study. The following study areas could be appropriate for this job: psychology, criminology, sociology and social work.
Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work term
International students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation – “May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.” Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.
Link to Full Position Profile
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 08/11/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please include the following:
– Douglas College Student ID number or indicate if you are enrolled in another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C.
– Domestic or International student status
– Being eligible to work please indicate the work terms you are applying for:
1. Fall 2022
2. Winter 2023
3. Summer 2023
– If selected for an interview please bring one of the following:
1. Proof of enrollment for work term from Douglas College OR
2. Proof of enrollment for work term from another post-secondary institution OR
3. Domestic students only: proof of registration for the term immediately preceding the work term and indication of intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Company: Douglas College
Expected salary: $16.59 per hour
Location: New Westminster, BC
Job date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 22:38:01 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca