Transportation Engineering Designer
Job OverviewJob Number: 35252
Job title: Transportation Engineering Designer
Job description: Job Description:
Employee Referral Bonus $1000
EXP is seeking a Transportation Engineering Designer to join our expanding Brampton Office. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to prepare contract drawings, cross-sections, details, schedules and quantity estimates for Transit, Highway & Municipal Infrastructure projects. The specifics of the position are as follows:
- Prepare preliminary and detailed drawings associated with Transit, Highway and Municipal infrastructure projects including road reconstruction, watermains, storm and sanitary system replacements, MTO highways, construction staging, noise walls, and coordination with utilities;
- Undertake project designs, specifications, and quantity calculations for cost estimates and tender documents under the direction of a Project Manager;
- Coordinate project drawings with senior project engineers, project managers, design staff and others;
- Ensure that the projects needs are met in a timely and effective manner; and
- Work under the direction of Senior Staff and mentor junior staff working within the division.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Engineer In Training (E.I.T.), Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Civil Technician with 3 – 8 years of roadway design experience, preferably from a consulting engineering office environment in Ontario. Experience on P3, Design-Build and Infrastructure Ontario-Metrolinx projects would be an asset;
- Emphasis and proficiency with MicroStation Connect, OpenRoads and ProjectWise is a mandatory requirement, along with strong computer software skills in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel & MS Project. Experience with earlier versions of MicroStation and InRoads will be considered;
- Comprehensive knowledge with various Municipal & Regional design and drafting standards, including MTO and Metrolinx;
- Experience in preliminary and detailed design drawing preparation associated with Transit, Highway and Municipal infrastructure projects;
- Independent, Organized and Motivated Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deliver projects under stringent schedules in a fast paced turnaround environment.
About Us: What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit .
About the Team:
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Should you need any special accommodations, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange for the most suitable accommodations based on your needs.
For all applicants within the United States, EXP ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Location: Brampton, ON
Job date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 01:44:15 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca