Truck Driver – One Person Multi-Function Operator (Suez) (1) EX22-1129 Revised
Job OverviewJob Number: 48443
Job title: Truck Driver – One Person Multi-Function Operator (Suez) (1) EX22-1129 Revised
Job description: Posting date: September 26, 2022
Job Title: Truck Driver – One Person Multi-Function Operator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX22-1129 (*Revised – One (1) vacancy only)
Status: Limited position
Estimated Probable Duration: October 29, 2022 to April 28, 2023
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position, a less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes
Rate of Pay: $29.28 per hour
(Training Opportunity rate of pay is $27.82 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced rate until the minimum qualifications have been met.)
Initial Reporting Location: Suez Depot
Section: Roads Operations
Division: Linear Infrastructure Services
Department: Growth and Infrastructure
Duties: Under the supervision of a Foreperson. * Operate heavy or light trucks with related attachments on construction and maintenance work.
- Sand, salt and plow roadways, lanes, parking lots, and other designated areas using a salt/sand spreader unit equipped with front mounted plow and side wing.
- Transport personnel, materials, merchandise and equipment.
- Load and unload trucks by hand or mechanical devices with assistance as required.
- Install and remove related attachments to trucks with assistance as required.
- Perform daily vehicle inspection, routine cleaning, and servicing (e.g. topping up lubricants, fluids, coolants, fuel and air) and report defects.
- Enter appropriate information in Vehicle Log Book.
- Oversee up to two workers in the performance of routine duties.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Minimum two (2) years experience driving a truck.
- Proven ability to safely and efficiently operate heavy or light trucks with standard attachments, such as snow plows, snow wings, salt/sand spreader units.
- Shift work and/or change to the normal work week is required.
- Must have a telephone so contact can be made by the Employer concerning Winter call out.
- Possess some mechanical knowledge to avoid damage to the equipment.
- Ability to read and follow manufacturer’s routine maintenance and operation instructions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid class “DZ” driver’s licence and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-1129 *revised are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 4, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s mandatory . Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Company: City of Greater Sudbury
Expected salary: $29.28 per hour
Location: Sudbury, ON
Job date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 23:59:32 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca