Food Service Supervisor
Job OverviewJob Number: 53493
Job title: Food Service Supervisor
Job description: You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click to view our Team Member video!
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:00am – 2:00pm
Location: Nepean High School, Ottawa ON
Important Information: Signing Bonus: $500 to be paid after 3 months of work and an additional $500 to be paid after 6 months of work. Minimum 2 years of food service supervisory/managerial experience is preferred.
Assists the Manager on duty with the coordination of activities of associates within the food service department while maintaining the highest standards and levels of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Shift Managers to supervise multiple food service units.
- Supervise the production of menu items, ensure completion of cash readings, manage associates, schedule staff working hours, hire and train employees.
- Learn from and assist the Shift Manager to resolve labour relation issues, track and produce reports on weekly inventories, sales revenue, labour and food cost.
- Communicate positively and enthusiastically to the café patrons and address their issues promptly.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Supervisors? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- At least one year of strong operation food industry management experience.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Comprehensive health and safety knowledge and training.
- Knowledge of food service catering.
- Strong supervisory skills and the capability to motivate and lead staff.
- Employee relations experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.
Company: Compass Group
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 23:17:49 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca