Human Resources System Administrator
Job OverviewJob Number: 53469
Job title: Human Resources System Administrator
Job description: At CN, everyday brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you are part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely-helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters.
The Human Resources (HR) Systems Administrator is responsible to support the end users and stakeholders using different technologies. The incumbent collaborates with different groups such as I&T and HR to ensure efficient issue management. The role ensures the liaison with the vendors to troubleshoot as necessary. Moreover, the incumbent will directly assist the HR Technology team with a wide range of projects related to Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Additionally, the position is accountable for the review of access management requests, the production of various reports, and the development of change management communication and content (via videos).
- Help maintain the integrity and reliability of the current system (e.g. security roles or group management)
- Analyze and resolve escalated configuration issues
- Provide standard reports to various stakeholders
- Create, change, and deactivate user accounts for system access
- Prepare communication for planned system downtimes
- Manage employee self-service SharePoint sites
- Carry out configuration and testing for HyperText Markup Language (HTML) components
Collaboration and Support
- Collaborate with vendors for ongoing support and issue management
- Collaborate with other HRIS team members, HR team, I&T groups and key stakeholders
- Act as a liaison with I&T for technical issue management
- Act as a point of contact for configuration support for HR tools including Cornerstone
- Participate in the design of change management support materials including videos
- Provide support in the enhancement and implementation of HRIS modules
- Provide support on special projects
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular workweek from Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role, the incumbent must be able to meet tight deadlines, handle pressure, and manage stress.
- Between 3 to 5 years of experience in an Administrator role
- Between 3 to 5 years of experience with HRIS
- Between 3 to 5 years of experience managing SharePoint sites, using HTML, and media support (such as video creation)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or Information Technology with a minor in Computer Science, Technology, Human Resources, or equivalent field
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to enable higher productivity
- Initiates and drives organizational changes to enable business transformation
- Makes informed and timely decisions to get things done
- Deals with pressure and change by staying calm to quickly adapt to changes
- Fluently bilingual, both written and verbal (English, French)
- Builds and maintains an internal network to support a better overall work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including SharePoint
- Knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Cornerstone
- Knowledge of Tableau.
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.
Company: Canadian National Railway
Location: Montreal, QC
Job date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 05:26:08 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca