Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Job description: Reporting to the Director of Marketing of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra (TSO), the Marketing Coordinator has direct responsibility for assisting with the execution of marketing campaigns for all TSO concerts and supporting the marketing team’s daily work processes.
Major Accountabilities & Duties
- Support the marketing team in the execution of multi-channel single ticket and subscription campaign efforts (direct mail, email, digital, print, radio, and signage) that will help the TSO meet or exceed budgeted goals for revenue, paid attendance, and retention.
- Support the Senior Web Manager with the building and testing of emails in our email marketing software, WordFly.
- Oversee on-site marketing materials and signage for TSO concerts at Roy Thomson Hall.
- Ensure all TSO concerts are included in relevant media outlets’ event listings.
- Represent the marketing team at various inter-departmental meetings, sharing important information that is pertinent to other departments.
- Coordinate the activities of, and provide service to the departmental team meetings, including maintaining meeting calendar invitations and sharing follow-up action items.
- Administer scheduling and organization of the marketing team’s concert duty calendar.
- Assist with researching themes for promotional campaigns to support the creation of compelling marketing copy.
- In collaboration with the communications department, create content to support the promotion of TSO concerts, including playlists, quizzes, and blog posts.
- Contribute content ideas for social media campaigns in collaboration with the wider marketing and communications teams.
- Provide some administrative support to the Vice-President, Marketing as needed.
- Proof marketing materials.
- Participate in concert duty as required (approximately 1-2 times per month, involving evening and weekend hours).
Requirements: University degree required with a minimum of two (2) years experience in non-profit marketing or entertainment is preferred. The successful individual will have an understanding of multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing, and customer segmentation. A passion for the arts, particularly orchestral music, is a plus.
- Competencies in problem-solving, planning, and adaptability.
- Strong computer proficiency required. Must have proven proficiency in G Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to write compelling marketing copy.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must bring new ideas to the marketing team while remaining open to others’ ideas.
- An innate desire to understand which marketing strategies are effective while trying new things in an ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Must be highly organized and possess a strong ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
Additional Info: The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs.
The TSO provides a comprehensive benefits plan, a collegial work environment, and opportunities for advancement.
Expected salary: $40000 – 45000 per year
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 01:26:42 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca