PSB Marketing, Communications Engagement Supervisor
Job OverviewJob Number: 48381
Job title: PSB Marketing, Communications Engagement Supervisor
Job description: The Pilon School of Business (PSB) Marketing, Communications & Engagement Supervisor works collaboratively to lead a variety of PSB communications, community, and student engagement initiatives, building long term relationships, creating and evaluating digital content, and data management. Reporting to the PSB Project Manager, Academic Initiatives, the incumbent develops, recommends, and implements the PSB communications and community engagement plan in support of PSB academic and business priorities and initiatives and in accordance with Sheridan communications policies or procedures. The Marketing, Communications & Engagement Supervisor collaborates closely with PSB and Sheridan Communications Public Affairs and Marketing colleagues to develop, operationalize, and evaluate communication initiatives that complement and support brand and enrollment marketing strategies. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing a PSB community engagement strategy. Working with key PSB stakeholders, faculty, partners, external and internal Sheridan community, the incumbent is responsible for identifying, coordinating, implementing and evaluating community engagement opportunities (e.g., student recruitment, co-curricular student activities, case competitions, alumni engagement, PSB sponsored events). The incumbent leads the cultivation and nurturing of relationships with community partners in the cities of Oakville, Mississauga, and Brampton (Peel and Halton Regions broadly), and internal Sheridan partners (e.g., Student Affairs, Sheridan Student Union, Academic/Social Clubs, Special Events, Alumni, EDGE, Other Faculties) to create meaningful and mutually beneficial engagement initiatives for PSB to contribute meaningfully to the Sheridan and local communities. Working with student staff and college partners, the incumbent leads the development and implementation of student-centered support and engagement opportunities (e.g., New Student Orientation, probational student support programs etc.) leading to an enhanced student experience and ultimately increased student enrollment.
What You’ll be Doing
- Responsible for strategic & operational leadership of marketing, public relations & communications functions for PSB;
- Leading the online presence for the PSB on the Sheridan website and various social media platforms;
- Publishing and providing support to deploy the digital PSB newsletters and e-blasts;
- Making first contact to engage, cultivate, and maintain relationships with students, faculty, alumni, and community partners through collaboration with internal Sheridan stakeholders (e.g., Alumni Office, External Relations, Work Integrated Learning etc.);
- Overseeing the development, research, and writing of noteworthy stories and social media;
- Using data analytics on social media and website engagement, develops communication strategies to further enhance PSB’s strategic direction;
- Planning and implementing community and student engagement events and initiatives;
- Leading and managing resources (student staff, and compliance);
- Performing other related projects, research, and initiatives, as assigned.
You value participating in and creating safe, brave, and inclusive environments and thrive in a culture that is inclusive and contributes to workplace equity.
You have an ability to conceptualize strategies and develop, implement, and measure programs in support of organizational goals.
You exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and sound judgement and are able to maintain confidentiality surrounding information received.
You are a self-directed, take initiative and are able to work independently under limited supervision to manage a significant number of projects simultaneously.
You have a proven ability to create and manage partnerships internally and externally, within the community.
You are a results-oriented natural leader and have a highly collaborative spirit which, combined with your keen communication & interpersonal skills and professionalism, empowers you to build solid and collaborative relationships to create and maintain a positive organizational culture.
You are an innovative thinker with fine problem-solving skills which allow you to resolve technical program and administrative conflicts.
You are flexible, adaptable and able to support change and growth within a fast-moving organization.
You have had success in building brands and sustaining organizational reputation through digital channels.
You are skilled at integrating multichannel strategies and digital analytics.
You have exceptional cross-cultural competency awareness; experience working with, and understanding of, diverse communities and cultures and an understanding of anti-oppression and equity practices.
The successful candidate will also meet the following requirements:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism, Education, Community Development, or related field
- 5 years of in-depth working experience in E-Marketing, Marketing, Advertising, Business, or related profession; including 2 years working in a leadership capacity (equivalency to be considered)
- Experience, course work, or certificate in event planning and facilitation
- Experience managing a team of students, volunteers, and/or external resources
- Sound knowledge of higher education systems, in particular colleges
- Experienced with Content Management systems and digital performance tracking/measurement tools
- Experience consulting with internal and/or external stakeholders to conduct outreach, develop relationships and recommend solutions
- Experience representing an institution while working directly with external stakeholders, such as local government, school boards, not-for-profit agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and other community-based partners
- Understanding of accessibility issues (AODA), privacy and communications procedures is desired
Who We Are:
Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World , charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community.
- For more information, visit:
Faculty: Pilon School of Business
Campus Location: HMC (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus) once normal campus operations resume. This position is currently working both remotely and on campus.
Reference #: J0822-2153
Employee Group: Administrative
Salary Range: $77,768 – $97,210
Application Deadline: October 9, 2022
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact .
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.
Company: Sheridan College
Expected salary: $77768 – 97210 per year
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 03:31:28 GMT
Job Source: Careerjet.ca